Friday, February 11, 2011

Let's Get Personal - My Jeans

7 For All Mankind

The last time I actually bought myself a pair of jeans was before I got pregnant with Yusuff... Erm Yusuff will be celebrating his 3rd birthday on the 15th this month. Yes, 3 years ago. The last time I bought myself a pair of pants was when I was pregnant with Yusuff, and even that, working pants and pregnancy pants, you know the one where there is ample space for growing belly?  Yup, that's the one.



When I was pregnant with Syarieff, dear hubby brought me to Mamas & Papas

You pilihla apa you nak.

hehehe

Theoretically speaking, him giving me the green light for shopping, means I can just pick whatever I wanted without so much looking at the price tag, right? Yet, I don't have the heart to do that. He's our sole breadwinner and here I am ready to jump at the chance of splurging on new clothes. I felt selfish.

I had a silent monologue with myself (it's got to be silent laa otherwise I look crazy!)

kesian sayang, dahla bills, mortgage, groceries, pampers , susu kena tanggung..nak sesuka hati beli ke? Nanti banyak nak bayar.

OK my pants are all fine, they're stretchy,so they'll do for now. Let me see that cardi, ooh only £15,  that's ok.

By the way, as of date, I'm still wearing those maternity pants, well it's not like people notice. What people dont know wont hurt people.  Oops, now you know. 
Some or maybe most people chuck or store their maternity pants after labour but I kept on wearing them. Not trying to state the obvious here, but with 2 kids in tow, I've got more responsibilities at hand. I don't really mind that I can't shop for clothes as freely as I'd like, there are other issues at stake e.g. food, clothing, formula, diapers. I didn't really mind though deep down I had a burning desire to be ehem fashionable and still have enough for the little ones' needs. I may be wearing old clothes and have to mix and match them with my hijab so that it seems I've got quite a selection when I've not. If I have extra money to shop, I'd buy them new clothes, seeing them in their pristine new wear just makes my day.

 I am a woman. Women loves to shop. Like any other women , I'd like to look good in my chosen outfit and strut myself with full of confidence. That option wasn't on my list before. Even if I wanted to buy a new outfit, I dont have that much money to splurge without feeling guilty. Wouldn't it be gratifying for me to be able to reward myself with shopping every now and then without having to feel guilty because I'm draining the family budget? I have a burning desire to have more options in life. Imagine bringing your kids into Toys'R'Us and knowing full well that you can't buy any toys because it's not a necessity. Aren't your kids' happiness a necessity? No I am certainly not saying that toys alone will make a happy family but you see, it's the whole scenario here.. of not having an option. It's not a yes or no question here but more of a whether I want to buy it or no, I cant because I dont have the luxury to do that, I need to keep within the budget.

After 1 month , click before

Big Man


Try explaining to a 3 year old that, 'No, we're not buying your toys yet, we need to survey the prices and find out one that's best for you. Once we've done that, we'll come back soon for them.' Alhamdulillah, Praises to the Almighty that I have such a loving and obedient boy. He seems to understand our situation and at such a tender age, that touched me. This might seem petty to some but it means the world to me. I want to be able to have an option. I may choose to spoil my kids once in a while but at least doing that shows that I can say yes sometimes too. Such little things that can bring happiness to one's self goes to show just how different one's definition of happiness is.


So tomorrow, yours truly with the lil sis  are going on a mini-shopping spree.  We need a blue and black themed outfit for Saturday. I'm gonna get myself a new pair of jeans, my very first jeans as a mommy! I cant tell you how excited I am. I am finally able to buy something for MYSELF without guilt. Nope, the baby fund is safely stowed away, not depleting the fund at all. Watch this space for updates

It's the little things like this that tells me I have made a good choice when I started this business. RM5000++ in bonus alone and RM4000 in trade profit for the FIRST month, how liberating is it to be shown the way out of your financial prison.  I may still have quite a distance to cover before being a millionaire unlike our esteemed leader who's on a fast track to her goals, but I am happy to see the little yet significant changes in my life.



If you want to change your life and not be restricted by limitations,
phone/text/whatsapp/BBM/email me

013-6432629
 
BB Pin 23AE78DF

iwediny@gmail.com

p/s: Saya pun boleh cakap BM ye, post in English supaya tidak terbatas pembacanya, kan PB untuk semua ;)












2 comments:

  1. baca memula dah semangat ni. berkobar2. sampai ayat p/s tuh... keh keh keh gelak tak hengat! lawak ok!.

    well well, u go gurl!!! u r my motivation! kene kejar dewi, kene kejar dewi!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Video